Employee Benefits Producer – Charlotte, NC
The Employee Benefits Producer is a new opportunity for an experienced employee benefits producer to join a successful, highly specialized insurance agency that’s based out of Charlotte with market expansion. The division president looking for a larger group contributor akin to his own sales focus within the team. Where some of the other producers have worked on smaller groups, he’s the type of person who loves the thrill of the hunt with self-funded cases ranging from a few hundred lives to several thousand. He would like someone with a strong benefits sales acumen to pick up that torch with him and grow the benefits practice out of Charlotte while also serving as a major resource to commercial producers in satellite offices.
Employee Benefits Producer Responsibilities
- Start by ingratiating yourself to the current accounts that will be handed over to you. Set appointments, review policies and get organized on upcoming renewals. Work with the service team to make sure current policy needs and upselling opportunities are covered.
- Develop a sales plan to generate additional new business in the 100+ ees space which is the direction the agency wants to concentrate the majority of its attention and resources. Create partnerships with the property and casualty team where cross selling leads are reciprocal.
- Participate in all areas of the client management process as needed with a watchful eye on key renewals, critical pricing and coverage issues and claims data interpretation. Set monthly and quarterly meetings with clients.
Employee Benefits Producer Requirements
- At least five (5) years of direct group employee benefits sales experience; retail agency production is most desired and preferably at least three years spent through the validation cycle on a book of business.
- State insurance license.
- Equally as strong of closing and client consulting skills as door opening. The business development and prospect lead generation piece is still critical to building your book, but the agency’s structure will rely on you to lead marketing choices with the account service team and work closely with your clients on all the strategic, high level discussions about benefits management.
- The agency has a strong investment strategy in its producers. This position has a base salary with a variable income structure based on new business sales.
Please contact Scott Thompson for immediate confidential consideration and additional details.
Email: [email protected]
Phone: 515-987-0242 x 455
See our website at www.csgrecruiting.com/jobs for a complete listing of nationwide opportunities.