Commercial Lines Marketing Manager – Memphis, TN
The Commercial Lines Marketing Director is an exciting, highly integrated role within this insurance brokerage that will be the knowledge source and placement expert for high level property and casualty cases. The agency’s centralized marketing department needs you to be the “doer”, the person with the same impetus and expertise to get deals done as the account executives and producers. You will be brought in on a lot of new business projects and critical renewal cases. You will help shape the interaction between the centralized marketing department and the sales and service teams showing where your team can tackle placement freeing up their responsibilities for other consultation with the client. You will also provide a direct link between insurance companies and the agency which is in excellent standing with many of its partners. This allows you to build critical rapport to work through complex cases or ones that require special program and financing features.
Commercial Lines Marketing Director Responsibilities
- Serve as the placement expert within the centralized market team. Work very closely with producers, account executives and clients on preparing programs that are competitive, creative and address risk management issues. Train and develop internal staff on marketing strategies.
- Set goals and objectives for the marketing department including speed and accuracy of quotes, program design and segmentation of responsibilities based on factors like new versus existing business, premium size, complexity of financing structures and so on.
- Prepare reports, analysis and presentations for the sales team coming to those terms through negotiations and accountability with underwriters. Attend client review meetings and discuss loss history, rate trends, market accessibility and special programs available to them.
Commercial Insurance Marketing Specialist Qualifications
- At least five (5) years of broad property and casualty insurance experience with direct involvement in the analysis and selection of new or renewal submissions. Carrier or wholesale brokerage underwriting and/or field marketing and production experience is highly preferred; agency brokerage/placement experience will also be considered.
- Must have experience engaging directly with insureds to discuss coverage and pricing options. Examples of such would be attending joint meetings and presentations with agency producers and brokers.
- Strong multi-line commercial coverage knowledge with general liability, commercial auto, property, and workers compensation. Familiarity with plans, pricing, forms from multiple insurance companies and wholesale brokers.
- Display leadership qualities with a clear understanding of setting objectives, goals and achieving results for a centralized marketing department. Ability to coordinate efforts with the sales and service teams as well.
- State insurance license or able to obtain one shortly upon hire.
Please contact Scott Thompson for immediate confidential consideration and additional details.
Email: [email protected]
Phone: 515-987-0242 x 455
See our website at www.csgrecruiting.com/jobs for a complete listing of nationwide opportunities.