The Commercial Lines Account Executive plays a critical role in retaining a large, established book of business heavily concentrated in the construction industry. The opportunity to grow with this agency is tremendous and will allow you to help lead all client management, relationship building and new sales opportunities as you wish. The key to success in this position is having a strong technical foundation in middle market and risk management insurance plans with a thorough understanding of the onboarding and renewal process. This is a very autonomous position that may for the right individual will work without the direction of a producer, may assume a book of business through upcoming retirements and handle some sales responsibilities too.
Commercial Lines Account Executive Responsibilities
- Assist a senior producer with the preparation of new business and renewal submissions, including gathering and organizing information required. Follow up with underwriters on submissions and negotiate premium and coverage with insurance carriers.
- Determine marketing and client management strategies servicing as the primary point of contact for the clients, underwriters and account management team.
- Evaluate quotes for compliance with requested coverages and client needs. Compare quote options from various carriers and look for deficiencies in quotes and ‘subject to’ requirements. Review applications, policies, endorsements, audits, and cancellations for accuracy and invoice all premium-bearing transactions on a timely basis.
- Communicate with clients and companies regarding insurance, claims, or administrative problems and complies with the request and/or refers to the producer when necessary.
Commercial Lines Account Executive Requirements
- At least 5-7 years of senior commercial account management or account executive level work for a retail insurance agency and/or insurance brokerage. Some underwriting and marketing/placement experience is helpful from a program design and negotiation standpoint.
- Account types will vary but with a concentration in heavy casualty, industrial and construction. Experience working with these types of risks is desired.
- Very detailed market knowledge on rates, forms and coverage issues pertaining to placing business with regional and national insurance companies.
- State insurance license is required. Insurance designation like CIC, ARM or CPCU is helpful but not required.
Please contact Scott Thompson for immediate confidential consideration and additional details.
Phone: 515-987-0242 ext. 455
See our website at www.csgrecruiting.com/jobs for a complete listing of nationwide opportunities.