Commercial Lines Account Executive – Minneapolis, MN
The Commercial Lines Account Executive is critical to this onboarding of large account new business and the strategic retention of existing clients. Working alongside senior producers, you’ll quarterback the entire service process relying on an account management team for policy administration, stepping in as needed on those items of critical service importance, negotiating underwriting terms and directly consulting with insureds throughout the year. The agency is growing and has two positions available, one that will exclusively support a large book of construction business. The other position is generalists handling a variety of accounts in heavy industrial, transportation, education and captives.
Commercial Lines Account Executive Responsibilities
- Assist producers in the preparation of new business and renewal submissions, including gathering and organizing information required. Follow up with underwriters on submissions and negotiate premium and coverage with insurance carriers.
- Evaluate quotes for compliance with requested coverages and client needs. Compare quote options from various carriers and look for deficiencies in quotes and ‘subject to’ requirements. Review applications, policies, endorsements, audits, and cancellations for accuracy and invoice all premium-bearing transactions on a timely basis.
- Communicate with clients and companies regarding insurance, claims, or administrative problems and complies with the request and/or refers to the producer when necessary.
Commercial Lines Account Executive Requirements
- At least 5-7 years of senior commercial account management or account executive level work for a retail insurance agency and/or insurance brokerage. Very detailed market knowledge on rates, forms and coverage issues pertaining to placing business with regional and national insurance companies.
- Broad property and casualty coverage exposure; large account, risk management sized business is required. Proficiency with contract review (particularly surety and indemnity clauses for construction accounts is desired). Additional lines such as: workers compensation rating and regulations, General Liability, layered property, alternative funding (including captives), commercial auto (including transportation/trucking), public entities and schools.
- State insurance license is required. Insurance designation like CIC, ARM or CPCU is helpful but not required.
Please contact Scott Thompson for immediate confidential consideration and additional details.
Email: [email protected]
Phone: 515-987-0242 ext. 455
See our website at www.csgrecruiting.com/jobs for a complete listing of nationwide opportunities.